Copyright of Content and Name of Todolwen Karen Bailey 2013

.

Friday, September 14, 2012

Thank You!

Hello my dear friends,

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you that have dropped me a line and left me some advice about how to give my old metal stars a new look. I am not sure just quite yet which instructions I am going to try out but when I have a result that I like I will share it with you of course.


I don't know how you lovely bloggers feel but since the weather and temperature has changed here I seem to feel so much more willing to sit and create and  ... shop too! I was so happy when my daughter found a little bag at the antique store ~ which I hadn't see yet and I am not sure if I would have seen it at all ~ and it was filled with vintage rhine stones all strung together and lots of it too!


Take a look ..




 
 
Isn't this such a neat find? And ... there is a full yard in length of it!
 I am hoping to be able to use these in so many new creations.
 
 
Also I decided that it is time to try to learn something new, well .. new to me. Many of you I am sure already have tried this ... soldering. I still had a 50% off coupon that I didn't want to lose out on so I finally, finally bought myself a soldering iron.
 
 
 
 
I was playing with the thought of doing so since Spring but always said 'another time'. Now I have one and I can't wait to start learning. I am just so glad there are some very good tutorials out there to help me. Lori from Katie's Rose Cottage has one and so does Marie from the Lost Bird Studio.
 
Right now I have so many things I would love to do but chores must come first. So that is what I am going to have to work on but I am going to make some time to create this weekend.
 
I wish you all a little time to be creative these days.
 
I hope you are well and life is treating you kind.
 
Have a peaceful and creative day,
 
 
Karen B.
 

3 comments:

  1. I agree Karen, the change in weather has brought back my energy. I feel alive again, after a hot, muggy summer. What a relief! Great find on the rhinestones, and anxious to see what you create with the soldering iron. Have a wonderful week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,
    love the bling:)What a great find.I'm thrilled that you will start to solder and can't wait to see what you will create.I'm sure it will be beautiful.
    Have lots of fun soldering and thanks for the thumbs up on the tutorial.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you lucky ducky, what a great find, a whole yard of those fabulous rhinestones!

    ReplyDelete