Copyright of Content and Name of Todolwen Karen Bailey 2013

.

Monday, September 24, 2012

A Harmony In Rose

Hello my dear friends,

there is nothing better after a stressful day to sit down, gather up supplies and create something pretty. I took a little time on last Thursday evening, after being so busy with my pool closure and for some reason so stressed with it as well (my first one on my own) just to relax and do something that makes me feel good.

Looking over all my newest findings from the previous weekend I picked one and it didn't take very long for me to visualize what I wanted to create from it and the way it should look which of course turned out to be a pincushion.

I don't tend to use a lot of color in many of my creations but this time my choice was right. Everything went together perfectly and like a harmony! It is so nice to be able to create something beautiful from a few bits and pieces and I hope you will enjoy it!

The piece I picked from my newest treasures was this one ...


 
 
... a part of an old oil lamp.
 
 
And now for my newest creation which I called ...
 
 
 'Harmony in Rose'.


 
 


 
 
I even made color matching pins with sweet water pearls.


 
 









 


  
I hope you have enjoyed my newest making ~ it was just a joy for me to make.
  
I have been working on another new creation and it is almost ready so I can share it with you soon. It seems since the weather has gone cooler my creative muse is returning slowly.
 
Now don't forget to stop by here at Todolwen very soon again ~ something new might just be waiting for you to see.
 
I hope you are well and life is treating you kind.
 
Have a peaceful and creative day,
 
 
Karen B.


8 comments:

  1. Very beautiful Karen!! You create the most marvelous things! I saw the oil lamp piece in your prvious post and was hoping you'd create with it soon! I was anxious to see what you would do with it. I love your pretty pincushion...the color is wonderful!
    I think you're right about the cool weather...creativity seems to be in the air!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative Karen - I'm very inspired!
    Who would have thought an old lamp could become a beautiful pincushion!

    I can't wait to see what you have in store for us!!

    hugs
    Shane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pincushion is wonderful. I love the old lamp turned into a pretty pincushion and the rose color just seems to make it even more elegant. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Karen, I just love this precious pincushion!! I love seeing you transform these forgotten treasures into something lovely....I hope you are well sweet friend, hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, that is brilliant! Very original and mixing the rusty with pretty is always my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet, sweet, sweet. Who woulda thought... only you... certainly not me. Let me second it... brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant! I am so in awe, you can take the most mundane little object and turn it into something so pretty and useful. I just love the way your mind works.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply gorgeous what you do! I love these pretty pincushions!
    Elena

    ReplyDelete