Copyright of Content and Name of Todolwen Karen Bailey 2013

.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Such A Precious Moment ...

Hello my dear friends,

there are little moments in life that are so precious and I had one of them yesterday.

My day was going to be a quiet one without any work so I was sitting close to my dining room window relaxing when I heard a thud against the glass and from the corner of my eye I saw something drop down. Tiny feathers were scattered on the windowsill and a tiny bird was laying on the ground ... it had flown into the glass. This doesn't happen often but when it does it breaks my heart because the tiny creature normally does not survive.

I headed outside to take a look and to my surprise ... the little bird was laying there ... on it's side, heavily panting but alive! I kept saying in my head "please don't be hurt too bad" and very carefully I picked the tiny being up in my hands and sat down on our bench and just held it there, talking to it very quietly and peacefully.

It was a tiny beautiful green hummingbird ... in shock and stunned, iy was looking at me with it's big eyes ...  it sat in my hands recovering from it's ordeal for at least 5 minutes ~ just enough time for my daughter Ashleigh to be able to capture it on her camera. We all were taken by it's beauty and tininess when suddenly it just jumped up, the tiny wings started to flap in such a speed and off it flew into our maple tree! We are so happy that it is well and now we are hoping to see it more often in our garden.

 


 
Such a beautiful creation ... handmade by God.
 
I wish you all little precious moments in your life that you can treasure for ever!
 
 
I hope you are well and life is treating you kind.
 
Have a peaceful and creative day,
 
 
Karen B. 

13 comments:

  1. I have dozens of hummingbirds feeding here this month. Sometimes I think they are going to hit the glass, they move so very fast. Hasn't happened yet, although other birds have hit and been stunned for a few seconds. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet moment in time....how ownderful that you captured a bit of it in this photo. I'm so glad the hummingbird is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen,

    How special.

    I do have special moments, every day that I breath is one more gift from a merciful God. I am still in recovery after a double brain aneurysm 15 years ago. I live for every 15 minutes and I appreciate every second.

    Thanks for the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for showing your special moment! Of course I have seen pictures of hummingbirds before, but seeing one so tiny, fragile and beautiful in your hand...is just amazing! Greetings from Germany, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. very sweet moments.... kisses , evelyne from france.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what an incredible moment, so joyful to see the little creature well after your tender care. Those photographs are so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh Karen
    what a wonderful story. 1000 thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ....and now the sweet little bird will always be around you after your care and concern. It's always a shock when birds do that. It happens to us all the time with our large windows. Generally it is larger birds and somehow they all survive. Silly enough, a few keep doing the same thing over and over.
    I am so happy that your little Hummingbird flew away into the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen what a awesome experience! I love hummingbirds, and am so glad it's ok. But to hold one in my hand would be Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I'm so glad the little hummingbird is okay. You are so brave to pick it up...I'd be afraid of hurting it, they're sooo tiny. What an awesome experience!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful story. The hummingbird is so lovely.And indeed:what an experience.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Dear Karen I was just dropping in to say hello and read your beautiful story - one precious moment! I am so happy that you had a hand in healing this precious little creature. It just fills your heart with joy when they "make it"
    after experiencing such shock. It happens here occasionall too as there are hundreds of birds on our property - the bigger varieties always suffer far less than the tiny birds who often tend to break their necks at that high speed!
    You've done well!
    Hugs,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete