Copyright of Content and Name of Todolwen Karen Bailey 2013

.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Once Upon A Time ..

Hello my dear friends,

I would like to share my newest creation with you today. It came to be after my daughter Ashleigh suggested that I try and maybe think of a fairytale I would like to use when thinking of a new project and that is exactly what I did with this creation. It took me a while to pick a fairytale that I was happy with but I did find one in the end.

Cinderella used to be one of my favourite stories when I was little and especially when Disney created it's movie. I loved the little mice that were so helpful trying to make Cinderella her dress so she could go to the ball and meet the prince.

And that was it ... the little mice ... my cupboard mice  ~ perfect!! I had a few unfinished little critters waiting in a tin to be brought to life. Everything else was really a case of finding all the bits and pieces I needed and most of it was in my studio apart from the right colored fabric, which I found in a Goodwill store in the shape of a blouse.

At first a cigar box seemed the right piece for this making but then, from the corner of my eye I saw my antique sewing machine  that I had bought at Goodwill earlier this year.  I had already used one of the drawers in a different project several months ago and for this creation one of those drawers would prove to be perfect again.

So that is how I spent a larger part of my weekend, turning a sewing drawer, a ladies blouse and other bits and pieces into a creation that was a part of the Cinderella fairytale.

I needed to tweak this creation a little here and there until I was happy with the result and when I thought I was done ~ I wasn't. There was something missing. I remembered that I had a vintage clock pendulum and some clock hands some where hiding in my crafting cupboard in the basement and after a short search I found the pieces I was looking for. After placing and gluing them into place my creation was finished.

And this is my newest making (many photos for you to see) ...


... Cinderella's Little Helper.


























 
I hope you have enjoy my newest creation.
 I am very happy with the way it came together.
 
 
Please continue to stop by once in a while here at Todolwen ~ you never know what I might have been up too.
 
I hope you are well and life is treating you kind.
 
Have a peaceful and creative day,
 
 
Karen  B.



10 comments:

  1. It is really lovely.
    Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fairytale delightful. A feast for the imagination.
    http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous little scene, the tiny mouse, the large pendulum, so delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, now that I picked my jaw up, I'm in awe of this! I can't believe the creativity you've put into this! It's gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't even put into words how fantastic this is...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really clever and cute project. Love the little mouse and the way you have staged it all.

    Hugs

    FredaB

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great project, I love that adorable sweet mouse, how you could convey such personality out of a piece of fabric. Great job!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. How utterly charming..and that sweet little thimble pin cushion. Oh my.... a perfect miniature vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way too cute! Thank you for sharing your wonderful creativity.

    ReplyDelete