Copyright of Content and Name of Todolwen Karen Bailey 2013

.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

My Daughter's Wedding ~ Part One ..

Hello my dear friends,

at last ... today I would like to share the first part of my daughter Ashleigh getting married.
I wanted to do this weeks ago but I wouldn't have had any photos to share with you.

It happened almost 2 months ago ~ to be exact on 23rd of September.
 
 There were two parts to this lovely day ... 
 
 ... first came the 'official' wedding part, which was at the town hall in the morning at about 10 am. It was just four of us, my daughter and her fiancé and the two moms. The whole thing lasted about 15 minutes and was a lot of fun with giggling and joking around but still my heart stopped for that very short moment when the both of them gave each others their 'I do'. Looking at my daughter as she stood there in her flip flops and sweatshirt that had the word 'LOVE'  beaming off it, I then realized that my baby girl was really all grown up now and of how proud I was of the wonderful person she had become.
 
Afterwards I took a few photos outside for mine and her memory book and then it was back home to continue with the preparations for the second part of the day ... the 'dream' part of the wedding.
 
Many, many photos were taken, unfortunately only a few by me before things got going because I was so busy for the rest of the day. You see, I was trying to be the little elf in my daughters wedding. When ever she needed help I tried to be there for her. My daughter planned her wedding and organized everything all on her own and she did such an amazing job ... it was so beautiful! That morning I was up at 5.30 am and the next time I closed my eyes it was the next morning around 3 am. I was exhausted but one thing I can tell you ... I wouldn't miss a second of it for anything in this world!
 
Like I said many, many photos were taken and I will share them with you once we have received them from the amazing photographer's that took them.
 
But I will share a few of my photo from the 'first part' of the day ...



A single beautiful rose was the flower for this ceremony from her new mother-in-law.


 
I just loved the silliness in the morning and it was just perfect that way!
 
I did manage take a about 4 or 5 photos before there was no more time for me to do so.
So ... here is a tiny sneak peak of where the ceremony was held.
 

Isn't it beautiful?

This is the lawn of the Elsie Perrin Williams Estate. There is such a lovely story behind this place that I am going to share in a special post on it's own in the near future.

We were so lucky because the two days before the wedding it had rained a lot and we had worried it would be too wet outside but it wasn't. HE made the sun shine bright just for my baby's special day!
Thank you God!

I am not sure when we will receive all the wedding photos but it should be vey soon now because I can't wait to share with all of you so much! But we have received 'teaser' photos a few days ago so in the next few days I will be sharing part two of this post.

It would be nice for you to visit me sometime here at Todolwen again and until then ...

I hope you are well and life is treating you kind.

Have a peaceful and creative day,


Karen B.
 

1 comment:

  1. Karen - I have entered both your new blog and this original blog in the GYB party -- if that is not what I was to do -- please let me know asap

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete