Copyright of Content and Name of Todolwen Karen Bailey 2013

.

Monday, June 24, 2013

Working On Something New ...

Hello my dear friends,

it feels like I haven't tried to create something new in what is seems some time now so when I found two pieces of tea stained fabric I was on the hunt for a new idea to use them in.
 
 
I love the embroidered edge and the fraying of these.

I had used this fabric in my primitive creations some years ago and must have placed the last two pieces ( I think these are the last two? ..) in my linen chest and forgot about them.

 I was thinking about a new creation using this fabric and it had to be something where I didn't cut the pieces in any way but used them as they were. I think I have managed to do so in the end using a combination of drop cloth, a vintage bits and pieces and of course not to forget crinkled seam binding.

 

 
I am not quite finished just yet but I should be very soon and then I will share my newest creation with you. So ... if you would like to see what I have made, do come back and visit me here at Todolwen very soon again.

I hope you are well my dear friends and life is treating you kind.

Have a peaceful and creative day,


Karen B.

4 comments:

  1. Dyeing fabric with tea gives a wonderfull vintage colour. I´m looking forward, what it will be.
    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK you've really peaked my curiosity Karen, looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With that lovely tease you have my attention. Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...

    ReplyDelete