Copyright of Content and Name of Todolwen Karen Bailey 2013

.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

23 Days Later And 3 Days Late..

Hello my dear friends,

after a lot of cutting, sewing and quilting and some very sore fingers my gift for my daughter Caylagh is finally finished and with that said I can finally share the Union Jack quilt I made for her with you today.

From start to finish it took me 23 days to complete this single quilt and after some setbacks I was finally getting to the completion of it and one of my favourite moments whilst making this quilt was this one ...


... cutting the excess backing fabric and batting off because ...

 
 (sorry about the bad photo)
... that's when I know I am almost done with my work.
 
 
I had found this lovely purple fabric for the edging at Fabric-Land  and ...

 
... with a little help from my husband's large level I was almost there ...

 
... and then there they were ... the final few stitches and then ... at last ... finished!!

And here it is ...
 
 
 

Unfortunately my writing faded with washing, so I will have to rewrite her label.

 
... my finished gift ~ I think it turn out so lovely!

When I have a little spare time, which will hopefully be soon, I am going to draw up the basic pattern for this quilt and a few little tips on how I made it and share it here on Todolwen for all you lovely bloggers.

That's all for now. I still need to rest my fingers a little more but it would be so nice if you would stop by soon again and visit me here at Todolwen again.

I hope you are well and life is treating you kind.

Have a peaceful and creative day,


Karen B.
 

13 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, Beautiful, simply beautiful. A real treasure. Blessings and smiles, Emilou :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I just LOVE The Union Jack...this is wonderful!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations of a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!! It's so beautiful!
    Herzlichst
    yase

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt is beautiful and my daughter would love it too! I like the little accent pieces you have added and the quilting lines, nice touch. Your fingers deserve a break!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Realmente ha quedado fantástico.
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Karen, it turned out magnificent! What an awesome gift, Caylagh is one lucky girl! I look forward to your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you sew the edges together before putting the binding on. I have never seen anyone do that before. And I've been around a lot of quilters! I will be implementing that in my work!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen, you are very talented. I'm sure Caylagh will some day pass this quilt on to one of her kids. You did a great job!
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  10. You´ve made a wonderfull gift for your daughter. I think, something like such special things will stay for many, many years.
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen, this is just beautiful. Love the design and the fabric choices are devine. What a most precious gift. Thanks so much for sharing it with us..or maybe we should thank Caylagh for sharing her gift with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah Karen, your quilt is indeed lovely. I am so thrilled for you, and so inspired. Hand-piecing and hand-quilting are not often done anymore and you have made such a treasure for your child.... I am also delighted to hear you are sharing the pattern. Inspired by you, and in honour of our up-coming trip I think I shall hand-piece and hand quilt one for myself. Thank you so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karen-- your daughter is SO lucky!! The quilt is stunning- I truly love the colors. Quilting is SO not one of my talents-- but I come from a long line of quilt makers. I appreciate all the effort and time that goes into the making of such a beautiful creation---

    Adopt me please-- lol.

    Xoxo
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete