Copyright of Content and Name of Todolwen Karen Bailey 2013

.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

How Could I Resist ..

Hello my dear friends,

I am sure I have said it many of times and what can I say ... I couldn't resist!

Tuesday was all about renovations, dust, dinner and last but not least piano lessons ~ I am sure you get the picture.

Renovations ... we are slowly but surely ~ I hope ~ seeing the work coming to an end soon. At the moment there are still some things that have to be sorted out.

Dust ... OK this is where I can't see the end in sight yet!

 Dinner was good ~ chicken Caesar wraps ~ so tasty!

And then we had piano lessons that my younger daughter, Caylagh, takes at the music store in our local mall. That is 30 minutes of me walking around a mall that I pretty much don't like at all due it being dull and boring in my book (I am not one for looking at make~up, shoes and clothes all the time and don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with that if that is what you like but personally I don't).
 
Whilst strolling past the stores looking into their windows, hoping that time would pass by fast I came across the Carlton Card store where they were having a sale. Of course a sale sign can not be just walked passed and a quick look is a must, so I did. And this is where my mall visit turned from not so good to great! Amongst all sorts of beautiful Christmas bits and  pieces there they were ... bottle brush trees! But not just any bottle brush trees ...  large bottle brush trees - the largest I have found so far!
 
The larger one is just under 12 inches and the other one just under 10 inches and they are so neat!!
 
 
Here are my new large trees and one of my smallest ones too, so you can see the size difference.

 
Isn't this the cutest little Christmas tree?! Just slightly larger than a little pine cone.
 
 
And this is what I might be using with the 10 inch tree ~ an old canning jar that I found at the Goodwill store a few days ago. Bleaching the tree again is another thought too. Right now it is still a 'I am not sure yet' but I am not in a rush to make a decision about it. I have a picture of how I would like this creation to come to life and I can't wait until I can share it with you ~ hopefully soon. 
 
So whenever you have a moment ... do pop back  ~ I would love for you to visit Todolwen again!
 
 
I hope  you are well and life is treating you kind my dear friends.
 
Have a peaceful and creative day,
 
 
Karen B.

3 comments:

  1. I love your wonderful tree finds!!! And that IS large Karen!!! The jar is just as great a find to me...I love beautiful old jars. Don't you just love finding great stuff at the thrift??!! And yes...I know you and fully believe you will LOVE the bleached version. And what's so wonderful is you can paint it after it's dry too! I paint mine a beautiful soft cream and while the paint is wet sprinkle the beautiful crystal glitter all over. I can't wait to see what you make of it ~ the green is beautiful too!! hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree about the mall...a nice place to walk but I wouldn't want to shop there. Be thankful your daughter does not have piano lessons on Fridays...imagine the crowd!
    I love the tree in the jar. You mentioned bleaching...will that turn that tree white?
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you... I haven't actually walked/ shopped our mall in about 4-5 years. I go to the book store, from their outside door, and that's about it. Love the tree in that old jar...as is or bleached. I love what Dawn has done to those bottle trees. I just never seem to find a good deal on them.. so alas I have none. Look forward to what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete