Copyright of Content and Name of Todolwen Karen Bailey 2013

.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Crazy week and end

Hello my dear friends,

I can't even start telling you how crazy it has been here this last week and the weekend as well! A lot of work has been in our basement in the first four days and the work team I have is great! I still have to buy two new doors and new handles and some more items not sure what at the moment. Friday late afternoon came, the work crew left and I started washing floors and tidying up my house again, busy ... yes, but quiet!! Well that is until Monday morning then it is going to be really intense here again.

As I am writing this I am sitting guard (for the cats safety) because my oven is running on self-clean because in the morning my new stove is being installed on top of a new gas water heater too. My main floor powder room is going to have the sink torn out and there is still so much more going on here.

All weekend I am hoping to get a tiny bit of creating time, which I did ... after raking leaves with my daughters, cleaning the pool top up and fertilising the front and back lawn and working in the house. I was able to work on a Christmas project that I will share with you at a later date. Right now I am sure I know where every single bone is located in my body because I can feel it. I spent quite some time yesterday and today on my basement stairs. I had the work crew tear the old rug of the stairs and my job was to remove all the staples out of them over the weekend ...all 113 of them. Yes, I did count them, ha ha. I have also already filled in every single nick, ding or crack in with wood filler as well, since I am determined to repair and repaint my old stairs on my own and give them a smarter look!

I am not lazy but I am opting for take away junk food tonight for dinner which will be a Baconator and fries from Wendy's! (If  you want to bribe me ever ... that's the way to go.)  What am I looking forward to the most tonight? A very hot and long shower and a movie and then my bed.

Here are a few photos of our basement so you can see how much work has already been done including all the new lights and heating ducts are in already too.


 
My new powder room is going to be so nice!

 
I will share more with you when there has been more change.
 
And last but not least ...
 
... a few photos I took very early Saturday morning as the sun was melting the frost away.
 



 
Y'all come back soon now and visit me again!
 
I hope you are well and life is treating you kind my dear friends,
 
Have a peaceful and creative day,
 
 
Karen B. 
 

3 comments:

  1. I feel your excitement through your post about your renovated basement. It is looking good, and it is so cleaned up down there while work is going on.

    Love your outdoor photos too.

    FlowerLady Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting can't wait to see more of the renovations! Love the pics!Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can sympathize with all those muscles and bones you now know exist!!! But I know you're excited doing this project and it will be more than worth the pain and agony!!!! (I'd have counted the staples too!!!! I had a similar job many years ago when the previous owners of a house we'd just bought,had put down carpet over beautiful hardwood floors. The carpet layer used cheap bits and pieces of padding in one of the bedrooms, glued and stapled to hold them in place. The glue was something else to get up, staples were easier there!!!)

    ReplyDelete