Copyright of Content and Name of Todolwen Karen Bailey 2013

.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Last Strawberry Creation

Hello my dear friends,

today I would like to share my final strawberry pincushion with you. This one is a bit special because for the first time I have sewn beads onto one of my creations. I had never done this before and I am surprised how easy it was really. See, always try something new ~ you will be surprised what you can accomplish.


I used the same vintage tan velvet which I used in a previous strawberry and also pieces of vintage doilies to embellish this pincushion and I decided not to use my last 'brass thing' from the antique store for this creation which has worked out very well. The final touch came in the form of a vintage looking earring ~ creation complete! I took many pictures again so you can see everything properly!



















I just love this creation!

What am I working on now?  ~ Well more than one thing again. I will have to see which one of them will be finished first so I can share it soon with you again.

I hope you are well and life is treating you kind.

Have a peaceful and creative day,

Karen B. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, what a sweet and elegant strawberry pincushion! Thank you for the detailed photos!
    A beautiful day to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karen, your strawberries are just BEAUTIFUL!!! This one has to be my very favorite! I love seeing you creating again, it really is such wonderful therapy and so good for the soul ~ sending you hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved all your strawberries, but this one is defintely special. Thanks for all the pictures. It's great to see from all vantage points. Thank you so much for sharing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen,
    These are absolutly amazing! Tan velvet is probably my favorite thing ever, even better than lace. I love the beads on it too. Perfect! Lisa

    ReplyDelete