Copyright of Content and Name of Todolwen Karen Bailey 2013

.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Witch Hat Creations ~ Part 1

Hello my dear friends,

as most of you know my life has been pretty stressful these past weeks and creating is my way of getting away from all of it even if it's only for a short time. I have worked when ever I felt the need to escape which was almost every day some times only for 10 minutes but now I have completed my creations and can't wait to share them with you.

I told you about my witch's hats that were made from muslin a few posts ago. They sat in my craft room for over a year being some of the few remainders of my primitive times. I used one of my old primitive techniques with this project which was painting the muslin hat with acrylic paint before embellishing it and it worked out very well. These would be called make-do's when it comes to primitives. You use anything you have and just make do with it almost like it is with altered art.


I was going to do a project with these hats involving "good and bad" witches but my daughter Ashleigh made me change my mind about that. Now they are about "light and shadow" witches. Both hats belong to good witches - one that loves the day and one that loves the night. Both believe in God, are gentle and kind and love everything good in this world.

Today I would like to share my first hat with you ~ it belongs to Florence ~ the Witch of Light.

It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words, so I will let my pictures speak for themselves.














I hope you have enjoyed my newest creation today!

Tomorrow I will share my other hat creation with you ~ it belongs to Mabel ~ the Witch of Shadows.


I hope you are well and life is treating you kind.

Have a peaceful and creative day,

Karen B.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Karen that is gorgeous! I can't imagine you topping that luscious creation, but if anyone can it will be you!
    I am waiting anxiously waiting to see the next one!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, Your witches hat is beautiful. I am making one right now for a contest with the Marie Antoinette Mail Art Group, I also made mine cream. Thanks for sharing, I love all the lace. Have a great day! Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. With a hat as beautiful as this one, it has to be long to a good witch, a bad witch would never ever be able to wear it. It would burn her to cinders because it is goodness and light and all things bright.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, Karen! And, of course, she'll need a pretty lace dress to go with the hat....and maybe an embellished broom! ;-)

    Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your witch hat is breathless and stunning. All that lace and details and OH MY!!! I would wear that hat all year long...

    ReplyDelete