Copyright of Content and Name of Todolwen Karen Bailey 2013

.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

My Saturday Doings

Hello my dear friends,

trying not to let things get to me too much I ventured out first thing early this morning to one of this years last church sales and I am so glad I did. To tell you the truth I went twice to the same church ~ first on my own and later with one of my daughters and here are my newest findings ...


some old paper tape and a tatty wooden box, ...


 some white lace, a few thimbles and a really neat old measuring tape from England.

After my first visit I went back home and then headed out to visit my mother. I was very happy to see that she is feeling a bit better today even though she still can't remember the past few days.

After my visit I decided to pick my younger daughter up and head back to the church sale one last time and this time it was really worth it because they wanted to close up for the day empty bags were sold for $5 each and you could fill them with anything that would fit inside.

And this is what I filled my bag with.


Some lovely light brown velvet, muslin and an old small table cloth with a very pretty crocheted edge.


And then there was this!! A cigar box filled this little packet of somethings all wrapped up. And this is what I unwrapped ...


... these!!!


Almost 100 crystals from an old chandelier!! They are so beautiful!! I am not sure what I am going to do with them. I was wondering if they would look good on a Christmas tree? I'll  put them away for now and hopefully think of something another time.

And last but not least ...

... as some of you know I used to create primitives before I found altered art and I have a few leftover unfinished pieces in my craft room and this is one of them:


I made this witch's hat from muslin ~ actually I have two of them exactly the same. They have now been sitting in my craft cupboard for over a year now without anything happening to them ...


... so I have decided to finally do something with them. I have an idea ~ well again actually two ideas in my mind for these small witchy hats ... good and bad!! That's all I am going to say for now. (I do hope my ideas will work out!) Whenever I am done I will share with all you lovely bloggers ~ I am just not sure when that might be yet.

I am hoping to get some reading time this weekend so I can sit down and take a look at all your blogs and see what all of you lovely bloggers have been up to.

I hope you are all well.

Have a peaceful and creative day,

Karen B.

7 comments:

  1. Hi sweet Karen!! Omygoodness girl...those crystals are just BEAUTIFUL!!! They would make the most beautiful Christmas ornaments....but I know you will think of something amazing for them. I love the muslin witches hats and can't wait to see your plans for them!!! I love your style girl and always enjoy visiting to see what you're up to ~ hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those crystals are wonderful!! Great finds.

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Jackpot! Those crystals are awesome! And I love all your other goodies too. I can't wait to see your finished work on the hats! I know they will be darling!
    Have a great Sunday.
    Hugs,
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe those crystals were all hidden away and still there when you went back the second time, what a find! And you are going to create something really awesome with them, I just know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen ~ you found some wonderful things!
    I can't wait to see what you are doing with those cute little hats ~

    xoxo
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the witches hat would be so "glam" with some of those chandelier crystals and piles of lace doilies! Witches need to be prettied up to, don't you think? ;-)

    Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your certainly hit the jackpot with your church sale treasures. Thankfully they are all in a good home now and will become something altered and amazing. Blissful inspiration to you...

    ReplyDelete