Copyright of Content and Name of Todolwen Karen Bailey 2013

.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My First Pictures

Here are a few of my first pictures! The picture above is taken from my work space - as you can see it is pretty messy but some of my best ideas blossom here.
These are one of my first very own creations - Cupboard Mice - named by my daughter Caylagh. These little critters tend to live in warm, dark kitchen cupboards and pantries - as you can see, this little guy above has decided to snuggle up in one of my tea cups!
Last but by no means least, let me introduce you to Else (the large bear). I made her in England while we were stationed there 5 years ago. I made her out of muslin and finished her with a coat of acrylic paint. I then dressed her in a little delicate Victorian-style dress, and added a bow made out of lace for the finishing touches! (The two smaller critters were made for me by my daughter Ashleigh). I hope you have enjoyed these first glimpses of my creations - there will be plenty more pictures to come so please check back in soon!

I would also like to thank the fellow bloggers who messaged me and welcomed me to Blogger, thank you for your kind words and welcoming wishes, they are much appreciated :)
That is all for now,
Hugs,

Karen B.

12 comments:

  1. Welcome Karen! I look forward to visiting you often. I live in Alberta and am excited to have a fellow Canadian crafter. Good luck with your blog...I am still trying to muster up the courage to start posting myself!
    *smiles*
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Karen, welcome! I look forward to seeing some more delightful things and to learn a little about you.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen,
    I am glad you emailed me,,,Now I know how to pronounce Todolwen, you are very clever to think of it. It makes me think of a sweet English Cottage when I say it.
    Your mice are so cute and comfortable,,must be they have full tummies,,,,and you and your daughters bears are very special.How wonderful to have a window at your workbench. I look forward to seeing more of your creations.
    ~♥~
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen,
    Welcome to blogging!
    It is such a fun place
    to be :)
    I love your precious
    bear and mouse!

    xoxo
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen.....I am new to the blog world too...so welcome! I think it will be a fun adventure. Your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen and Welcome,

    Dawn invited me to visit you from her blog and I adore your teddy bears, I love that you told how you made Else! I love her lace headband bow and all of them are fabulous!
    Your workspace is nice with that window for light. I just became a follower and wish you all the fun blogging brings!
    Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen , Welcome to blogging, your bears are very sweet with a great vintage look, I'm your newest follower, Hugs and Blessings Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to bloglandia, Karen. Your blog is really so pretty and I love the little cupboard mice!! Too cute! I look forward to visiting you often and come on over and stay a spell at Faerieluna.

    xox Rella
    faerieluna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karen,
    Welcome to blogland! Barb from Treasures of the Heart sent me! Isn't she sweet? I love your bear and mouse! Cute as can be! I hope you enjoy blogging, it is so much fun meeting new creative people and developing new friendships! Good luck to you!
    Blessings,
    Sonya
    Come visit me too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome Karen!! This is a wonderful world full of amazing and talented women! Your creations are fantastic! LOVE the bear!

    I am a follower and I will be back!

    Lou Cinda :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. welcome to blogland! your creations are lovely! when i saw your desk, i thought you were joining What's on your workdesk wednesday. why not join us?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Karen,
    Thanks so much for stopping in and becoming a follower! I posted some more pics of my Maui trip! Please come back soon and have a great weekend.
    Blessings,
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete