Copyright of Content and Name of Todolwen Karen Bailey 2013

.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Vintage Feel ..

Hello my dear friends,

I truly hope I don't bore you with my latest creations that have to do with seam binding roses and weddings but that is what I need to work on this moment in time and I just love sharing my creations with all you lovely bloggers.
 
Saying that, I would love to share my latest ring pillow with you today.
 
 
I used my seam binding that I coffee stained and turned it into vintage looking roses and along with an old doily, vintage pearls and natural osnaburg fabric for the actual ring pillow ~ nothing else was needed to complete this creation.
 
 And this is it ...
 
 
 
... my latest ring pillow.
 



 
A little 'free' extra bonus for this creation was that because I had to pull the seam binding threw the thread spiderweb for the roses over and over again it started to fray on the edges a little which just enhanced the vintage feel and look. This hasn't happened with any of my other roses so I think it might have something to do with the ribbon being placed in hot coffee the day before.






 
 
I really like these seam binding roses and all because of the coffee stain which gave them the perfect vintage feel for this making.
 
I had a lot of fun creating my latest ring pillow and I hope you have enjoyed it. What am I going to make next? ... I am not sure yet but if you would like to know ... it would be so nice if you were to visit me here at Todolwen soon again.
 
 
I hope you are well my dear friends and life is treating you kind.
 
Have a peaceful and creative day,
 
 
Karen B. 

11 comments:

  1. Your daughter is going to have a hard decision. This is soooo shabby chic! Love how the seam binding roses came out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the seam binding roses, and I love this pillow! It will be interesting, when you're finished designing, to see what one she picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh c'est trop "mimi"! j'adore !! merci pour toutes ces belles créations ;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sie sind alle wunderschoen, Deine Ringkissen!
    Die Farbe der Perlen passt so wunderbar zu den feinen Rosen.
    *W*U*N*D*E*R*S*C*H*O*E*N*! - wie immer!!!
    Liebe Gruesse aus Koeln
    ute

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply....beautiful!!!!!
    Best wishes,
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the coffee staining on them. It really does look like it's ages old. Do you have a tutorial on making these pretty roses? If not, do you think you will in the near future. I can understand if you won't, considering what has happened in the past, but I for one would love to see how it's done. They really have me intrigued. Smiles, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the doily - almost makes the roses look like they're growing on a trellis. Love the look of the whole piece.

    'Course I still like the other one also. Might shape up to be a hard choice for your daughter.

    Ciao for now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so pretty! I love this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely with the shades of cream and coffee. Your roses and pearls are bliss. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen, well, another gem!! I do like the colored pearls, and the coffee stained seam binding. Your creations are just so pretty. Thanks for sharing. Blessings and smiles, Emilou :-)

    ReplyDelete