Copyright of Content and Name of Todolwen Karen Bailey 2013

.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Treasures, Treasures, Treasures ..

Hello my dear friends,

apart from walking on the beach and swimming in Lake Huron I also went treasure hunting this past weekend and I was very lucky to have found some very neat pieces ~ some for me to keep as is and some to create with.



 
I found this neat tattered salt shaker just before went headed home again. It is actually really heavy you wouldn't think so just by looking at it. I almost didn't buy it but then I knew I would regret it in the end, so I did!




I also found a few new hat pins which now are going to find a home in their new stand aka saltshaker.




An old harp key and some vintage sleigh bells.




An old candle stick and ... half a hinge.



 
 I just love the detail on the half hinge and the patina on both pieces.





 
An old string holder ~ I just have to find a place for it in my studio now and again I just love the detail and patina of this piece.



 
 A very nice gentlemen at the out door market 'The Pinery' was so kind and sold me these 2 tiny fairy tale castles made from pewter. To give you an idea how small they are ...



 
... I placed one in front of a book page covered matchbox. Are you thinking what I am thinking?
I can see a new match box creation in my mind ~ something to do with a fairytale I think.

And last but not least ...



 
... a lovely vintage safety pin with a pretty rhinestone as decoration.

All in all it was a lovely weekend and I am busy again with yardwork and also making some new creations.

It would be so nice if you would visit me here at Todolwen soon again and until then ...


I hope you are well and life is treating you kind.

Have a peaceful and creative weekend,


Karen B.

2 comments:

  1. cool finds! Do you think the shaker is made of/with lead?
    It never ceases to amaze me how much love, effort and detail used to be put into the simple things....What happened? Today you would think it would be much easier to create things like that and instead they just make cheap stuff that falls apart after a few years...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful finds Karen. Love the salt shaker. I would have bought it too. it´s awesome. Love the safety pin too. So pretty

    ReplyDelete