Copyright of Content and Name of Todolwen Karen Bailey 2013

.

Friday, February 24, 2012

A New Design In The Making

Hello my dear friends,

since Spring is hopefully just around the corner I wanted to design something that just shouts out springtime and that for me is a little wee baby rabbit. Once I have an idea I tend to sit down and work on it until I am happy with it and it is just right in my eyes and it was the same with this design. I started two days ago and made more than one pattern and I did sew each of the patterns and all that by hand. Even though I have slightly sore finger tips again I do love sewing by hand so much. I do have a sewing machine but I only like to use it for big things like curtains or soft furnishings like pillows. Even when I make king sized quilts I sew them completely by hand and love every moment doing so.

Oops I got side tracked and now back to my new design ... as I said I started 2 days ago and now I am finally finished with it. I love that it has the same cute look like my little cupboard mice. Now I just have to sit down and sew the actual final creation.



It all starts with one little idea and a sketch and then I just have to get it right by trail and error ..


... and if that means making a few or more, then that is what it takes.




I tried out a few different fabrics such as linen, velvet and muslin so far to see which would look the best and I might try a few more even. Once I am completely happy with the little critter I will share the result with you, hopefully in the next day or so. So ... keep 'hopping' by to see if the wee rabbit is ready.

 
I hope you are well and life is treating you kind.

Have a peaceful and creative day,


Karen B.

3 comments:

  1. They're all looking so sweet! I understand what you mean about hand stitching...it's just the way some of us do it! Can't wait to see the finished rabbit! Yes, spring is right around the corner! First...we will have a wonderful blizzard here in Saskatchewan and that makes me very happy!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so much fun! The wee thing is gorgeous and sweet. Looking forward to what you decide finally. *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hippity Hop! Your wee little rabbits are adorable! I love all things bunny, these guys are carrot crunching-tastic!

    ReplyDelete