Copyright of Content and Name of Todolwen Karen Bailey 2013

.

Monday, November 28, 2011

What A Find

Hello my dear friends,

I just had to make a little post to share my latest find. I was out doing my grocery shopping and decided to just jump into one of the thrift stores I tend to visit and have a peek if there might be anything I could use and just before leaving I saw this bag with something large and white in it hanging off of a hook. I wasn't too sure what it was but figured that if I didn't want it I could always return it. And this is what it was ...


... a large roll of old lace!


Lots and lots of old lace!


Layer upon layer ...


of this beautiful vintage lace !!!



And to think I was thinking of returning it before I even bought it ... 


... and at $3.99 ~ what a find!!

Otherwise I haven't had too much time to create the past week ~ not even for one little Christmas creation! I am hoping once I have finally finished all my other chores, in and outside the house, I will find some spare time for me and making something lovely. Until then ... keeping stopping by and taking a look!

I hope you are well and life is treating you kind.

Have a peaceful and creative day,

Karen B.

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful find! Lucky you acted on your instinct :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a blessing indeed...good thing you followed the prompting to pop in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karen isn't it wonderful to find such a treasure just sitting there waiting for you to find it? Lucky, lucky you!!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great find! I know you will do something spectacular with it.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my..doing the happy dance for you! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, so pretty. I love shopping the thrift and charity shops, you never know what treasures are waiting there. Warm Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. You lucky lucky lucky person, I'm so envious.
    What a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a heck of a lot of lace, fantastic find!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Karen, what an understatement! Definitely A FIND! Capital letters find! lol

    Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great find. I got a roll of lace awhile back, but not nearly so lovely, or vintage!!

    Good job!

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY GOSH--You must have almost fainted!!! I LOVE it and I am so happy for you--WOW!! I love lace and wish I could find some...You have found a wonderful treasure.
    xo
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete