Copyright of Content and Name of Todolwen Karen Bailey 2013

.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Am Addicted!

My dear friends,

I am addicted to making pincushions. I just love them! I use broken spoons, eggcups, non broken spoons, candle holders amongst many other things, preferably old, tattered and tarnished (sounds like something I've heard before). I also like to use crocheted flowers from old doilies, bits of lace and buttons to give them the right look.

Here are a few of my pincushion makings. I have many more that I will show you in future posts.


This pincushion I made from an old eggcup which I bought some time ago in an antique store just before it closed down. 


I salvaged this broken spoon and turned it into a sweet little pincushion by adding little lace butterflies and a crocheted flower, and to top it off a little rhinestone as the center of the flower.


I just love to dig through all my bits and pieces of lace, buttons and any other little treasures I can think of.


This old broken spoon would have normally ended in the trash after I was a bit too harsh trying to bend it, but now take a look at it!


As you can see, I really do love old crocheted flowers and buttons.


Yay, this one didn't break! This is my first spoon that didn't snap when I bent it.

And last but not least ...

Do you remember the little shoe I showed you a few days ago? Well, here it is!


It now has started a new life as a little petite pincushion, thanks to the idea I received from a fellow blogger. I think it just looks so neat. Don't you?

Have a peaceful and creative day,

Karen B.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Karen ~
    Those are just so very precious!!!
    I am in awe of them!!

    xoxo
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too much for me....so lovely,so sweet.
    Love to crochet too, thos little flowers.
    But my flowers became bigger and bigger...somewhere sonmethig is going wrong.
    But i know....some day i wll succeed.

    Love,
    Agnes

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just beautiful! I love your blog and have become a follower!
    xo, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there a way to email you?
    Thanks, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea there were so many cute ways to make a spoon into a pincushion. What a wonderful job you have done!

    blessings

    barbara jean

    PS LOVE the little shoe. I must be a shoe person too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are wonderful!!! Are you selling your creations anywhere? I love the spoon in picture 4&5 the most.

    Marcie

    ReplyDelete